Careers at BSF
The position of Business Analystacts as the relationship liaison between a product owner and the product team, including helping the Product Owner to identify who needs to be on the product team. The BA works with product owner to define what needs to be done and then identifies, with the product team, the requirements that need to be accomplished. These requirements are collected, clarified, and translated into business requirements that lead to documentation and conceptual design (using appropriate tools and models) from which solutions can be developed. The BA will be a resource to the IT department to clarify, refine or correct user requirements for technology solutions. The BA is also responsible to ensure that all requirements have been implemented and validated before releasing to Product Owner for User Acceptance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Analysis and Solution Definition
- Work with multiple teams internally and externally across a myriad of development projects.
- Participate in or direct business process analysis in support of requirements identification.
- Quickly understands a project’s business issues and technical challenges.
- Understands how BSF business works, its processes, systems, data and the inherent linkages among them.
- Works with the Product Owner and team to develop innovative solutions.
- Capture, analyze, and document business and user requirements (Ministry and IT needs).
- Collaborates with Product Owner to understand and define the product roadmap and minimum viable product (MVP) for a project.
- Ensures user requirements are developed in time for Spring Planning.
- Works with Product Owner and Project Manager to define Sprint priorities and release planning.
- Manages changes to the requirements during the sprint process.
- Provides requirements clarification to product team during project execution.
- Writes and/or reviews test plans ensuring coverage of the project requirements.
- Oversees and/or executes test plans ensuring that project requirements are validated.
- Supports all aspects of Agile Development process.
- Breaks down barriers for team, removes impediments and blockers, and enables team success.
- Ensures team deliverables meet quality standards.
- Works directly with software development teams to ensure commitments are met and software is delivered reliably and predictably.
- Ensures information is flowing appropriately.
Coaching and Mentoring Internal Stakeholders
- Develops strong relationships with stakeholders, leading to partnership and collaboration.
- Communicates effectively with stakeholders to identify business needs and evaluate alternative solutions.
- Participates in proposal efforts, including LOE assessments and statements of work.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement in stakeholder processes and tactfully advocates for action.
- Facilitates team and client meetings.
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Facilitates decision making and conflict resolution.
- Acts as a liaison between technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Educates/mentors company employees on various aspects of Agile development process.
- Identifies, manages and resolves critical issues.
- Exhibits confidence and an extensive knowledge of industry practices when solving business problems.
- Pushes creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing internal practices and mindsets.
- Adapts standard processes to circumstances.
- Work with other departments to continually refine and improve solution delivery.
Culture and Leadership
- Leads by example.
- Encourages a culture of innovation focused on continuous improvement and adding value.
- Takes responsibility for both personal and team performance and success.
- Demonstrates action orientation by moving decisively, learning from mistakes and taking initiative.
- Communicates and listens actively to build relationships and eliminate misunderstandings.
- Strives to set the standard and perform at the highest level in all activities.
- Provides constructive feedback to team, peers and product owner in order to drive personal, professional and organizational growth.
- Encourages effective team performance in difficult and challenging circumstances.
- Results-Oriented: Organized, good time management
- Analytical/Forward/Strategic Thinking: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach, and anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies. Embraces and applies creativity in defining solutions
- Managing Change: The ability to demonstrate support for innovation and for organizational changes needed to improve the organization's effectiveness; initiating, sponsoring, and implementing organizational change; helping others to successfully manage organizational change.
- Strong writing and communication skills
- The ability to gain others' support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions and the ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- BS degree in Business or Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent with a minimum of 3-7 years of experience with business operations or systems development.
- 3+ years’ experience in Business Analysis, requirements writing, and related skills.
- Certification in scrum requirements writing or general systems analysis is a plus.
- Proficient at Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Has a high-level understanding of software systems and architectures.
- Proven in-depth, hands-on experience with Agile/Scrum/Lean software development methods.
- Ability to oversee requirements/backlog management activities.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Strong facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Proven abilities in team leadership and influencing others for success.
- Proven experience balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity.
- Ability to teach/mentor others around best practices.
BSF leadership or attendance is not required but preferred. The candidate must be a believer in Jesus Christ and agree with BSF’s statement of faith found on this website.
This position is based in San Antonio, Texas. If you are meet these requirements and are willing to relocate, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls.