Careers at BSF
Donor Care Coordinator
The Donor Care Coordinator works to proactively propose and implement appropriate acknowledgement and appreciation communications to donor, manage and improve all aspects of the donor experience for Bible Study Fellowship constituents. This includes all aspects of gift processing including, receiving, batching, data entry, receipting and acknowledging; ensuring accurate database content, integrity and utility by managing facets of data entry; and proposing and creating systems that improve the donor experience and increase efficiency. The ideal candidate will have a strong donor and customer service background with the technical capacity to implement industry best-practices in donation management, data input and constituent relationship building.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and communicate regular and special correspondence to specific donors or donor groups communicating appreciation, ministry results and impact.
- Work with Materials & Media Division to communicate appropriate ministry results and impact through website, social media and Annual Report content.
- Work with contract legacy giving partners to refer and follow up with donors needing special giving services.
- Open and sort donor mail daily with Accounts Payable/Receipts Manager present and batch gifts by appropriate fund categories noting any special acknowledgement requirements.
- Process check donations by manual entry into Raiser’s Edge database and issue appropriate receipts to donors with acknowledgements as needed.
- Receives, assesses and timely responds to all issues for and inquiries from current and prospective donors.
- Maintain required information on all pending or deferred gifts from individuals, estates, trusts, donor advised funds for purposes of clearing when received.
- Maintain log of all stock gifts received, enter into Raiser’s Edge and issue appropriate IRS qualified receipt letter to donors.
- Perform interim and annual reconciliations between Raiser’s Edge gift total records and Financial Edge accounting records.
- Responsible for compliance with and updating the content of the Donor Care Plan as needed under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer.
- Other such duties as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer related to the management and oversight of donors for the ministry.
Thoroughness: Must ensure that one’s own and other’s work and information are complete and accurate to maintain a highly reliable donor database. Sets up procedures to ensure a high quality of donor data entry. Verifies information by carefully reviewing and checking the accuracy of donor information in reports.
Diagnostic Information Gathering: Must be able to identify the information needed to clarify complete donor information for proper handling, seek that information from appropriate sources, and use skillful questioning to obtain the information.
Customer Orientation: Demonstrates concern for satisfying one’s external donors. Quickly and effectively solves donor problems. Talks to donors to resolve their inquiries. Finds ways to measure and track donor satisfaction. Presents a cheerful, positive attitude with donors.
Persuasive Communication: The ability to plan and deliver primarily written communications that make an impact and persuade their intended recipients and audiences. Selects stories, analogies or examples to communicate ministry results and impact.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Donor care management experience of at least 5 years required. Knowledge of nonprofits and/or religious ministries preferred. Intermediate to advance use of the Microsoft Office suite of products, including Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint required. Have received Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. Be in full agreement with Bible Study Fellowship’s Statement of Faith. Previous BSF leadership experience preferred but not required. If qualified, please send all cover letters and resumes to email@example.com.