Careers at BSF
Job Title: HR Coordinator
Reports to: HR Director
The Human Resources Coordinator is primarily responsible for performing all payroll related responsibilities and other administrative duties as assigned. The HR Coordinator supports both the HR Director and the HR Generalist. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: payroll, salary administration, benefits enrollment, coordinating onboarding activities, and employee support.
ESSENTIALTO THE POSITION:
Able to work independently with minimal supervision. Takes initiative to complete projects and tasks and to identify new methods or processes for streamlining the work. Is thorough and accurate and understandings the payroll process. Mindful of details; superb time management; able to juggle multiple, simultaneous responsibilities. Able to get the work done but to humbly serve the employees of BSF.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Will serve as primary payroll processor. This includes processing semi-monthly and monthly payroll, employee file management, files required governmental reports. Responds to managers and employees’ questions.
- Assists in the maintenance of human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Assists in administration of personnel policies and procedures; assists in updating of the employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Supports new employee orientation and onboarding from an administrative perspective.
- Assists HR Director in the recruiting process by setting appointments, responding to questions, facilitating interview process, etc.
- Performs benefits administration to include new employee enrollment, processing and auditing invoices.
- Assists in the administration of our formal compensation philosophy and salary administration plan. Assists in the administration of the performance evaluation program.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Payroll Knowledge
- Human Resources Knowledge.
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Emotional Intelligence
- Ethical Conduct.
- Time Management
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum 3-5 years in Human Resources department to include experience with the development and support of payroll processes, compensation and benefits, employee relations and employment processes. Experience with ADP Workforce Now is preferred. High level administrative and technology skills, reporting skills, and the full suite of Microsoft Office Skills. Strong organizational skills and time management skills required as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preference given to those with a bachelor’s or advanced degree in Business, Finance or Human Resources.
This position is located in San Antonio. If you are interested please send a resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.