Careers at BSF
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the HR Director to support BSF Headquarters staff. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, salary administration, payroll, employee training and development, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, and employment law compliance.
Essential to the Position
Able to work independently with minimal supervision. Takes initiative to complete projects and tasks and to identify new methods or processes for streamlining the work. Excellent judgment and high capacity to make decisions; mindful of details, but oriented toward the big picture; superb time management; able to juggle multiple, simultaneous projects. Able to get the work done but to serve humbly the employees of BSF.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Will lead and work with Training to initiate and grow an effective employee development program, including leadership development. Will research needs, assist managers in creating employee development plans, plan and schedule training opportunities such as lunch and learns, seminars, etc. Will create tracking tools and provide ongoing opportunities for professional employee development to all levels of staff.
- Conducts new employee orientation and onboarding responsibilities. Ability to be creative and build an excellent new employee orientation program.
- May assist HR Director in all phases of the employment process, recruiting, interviewing, providing guidance to hiring managers, etc.
- Performs benefits administration to include new employee enrollment, claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefit information to employees
- Will serve as backup for the payroll process, including processing semi-monthly and monthly payroll, employee file management, files required governmental reports.
- Assists in the administration of our formal compensation philosophy and salary administration plan. Assists in the administration of the performance evaluation program.
- Assists in the development and administration of various human resource plans and procedures for all BSF personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; assists in updating of the employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
- HR Generalist may assist in the development of safety programs, plans and initiatives campus-wide and assists the HR director in supporting these plans. May include leadership of the Safety and Compliance team.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Human Resources Knowledge
- Communication Proficiency
- Fosters Teamwork
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Project Management
- Ethical Conduct
- Time Management
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum 5-7 years in Human Resources department to include experience with the development and support of payroll processes, compensation and benefits, employee relations, and employment law. High level administrative and technology skills, reporting skills, and the full suite of Microsoft Office Skills. Strong organizational skills and time management skills required as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preference given to those with a bachelor’s or advanced degree in Business, Human Resources Management or Organizational Development. SHRM or PHR certification preferred.
Believer in Jesus Christ and agreement with BSF’s statement of faith is necessary. BSF leadership is preferred but not required. This position is located in San Antonio, TX and will require relocation.
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.