Internal IT Support Technician
The position of internal IT support technician is responsible for monitoring and responding to all support requests through the BSF’s IT ticketing system (tickets, email and phone calls) in a timely manner. The position of Tier I Support may also be asked to assist in performing integration testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of software and systems developed or installed by the BSF IT Division, as required.
The best Internal IT Support Technician will have proven experience working in a customer service position, with excellent knowledge of the latest industry trends and techniques. They will have a passion for customer support and be expert trouble-shooters that thrive on finding solution quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL TO THE POSITION:
BSF is seeking a fully experienced Internal IT Support Technician with at least 3-5 years experience in IT support or Help Desk. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience supporting Microsoft Windows, Office Suite, Macs, Mac OS, all major browsers, websites and mobile applications in a corporate environment. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and handle a wide variety of IT support issues with an eye towards providing excellent service to our internal customers. All candidates must have received Jesus Christ as his/her personal Savior, and be in full agreement with Bible Study Fellowship’s Statement of Faith. BSF leadership or class experience is preferred.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides: technical assistance by responding to requests from others regarding errors, problems, or questions about software, hardware, systems and infrastructure
- Sets high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks Identified and understands issues, problems, and opportunities
- Troubleshoots and supports LAN/WAN networks, Microsoft Windows, Office Suite applications, printers, Macs, Mobile devices and other personal productivity technology devices and applications.
- Managing and documenting corrective action and time in support ticket management system
- Writing and maintaining support documentation
- Testing software and systems supporting BSF IT, and Ministry needs
- Managing work to provide support to BSF personnel and meet milestones in accordance with testing plans for specific software or system projects
- Assist with the installation, configuration and use of our technology products/applications
- Diagnose and explain external and software issues that affect the use and/or configuration of our software
- Be part of an emergency only after hours call rotation
- Communication: Clear, concise, positive, factual, constant
- Interpersonal: Encourages, affirms, listens, trains, influences, collaborates, restores
- Customer Service: Uncompromising, excellent, committed, internal, external, visionary
- Problem solving: Root-cause-analysis, learner, attentive, observant, engaged
- Initiative: Self-motivated, ethical, proactive, curious, ownership, result-oriented, thorough, decisive, confident, flexible
- Technical: Learner, open-minded, entrepreneurial
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree in Information Technology or related field or an equivalent combination of education or experience
- Current work experience in the Information Technology field, including responsibilities for supporting Windows systems and software in a corporate environment is a must
- Ability to create technical documentation and system diagrams
- Experience using helpdesk systems
- Experience in integration and user acceptance testing
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Windows, Office Suite, Macs, Mac OS, all major browsers, websites and mobile applications
- Strong understanding popular communications platform such as Zoom and Teams.
- Understanding of network connectivity and VPN usage
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
This position is located in San Antonio. Remote work is not available. In addition to an excellent benefit package, BSF offers 4 weeks of vacation leave. A relocation package will be provided.
Those interested should send a resume to email@example.com.