Careers at BSF
Please send resumes to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Bible Study Fellowship is looking for a Maintenance Supervisor with a minimum of five years residential and or commercial building experience. This position backs up the Plant Manager in many ways as prescribed by the Plant Manager. This individual will spend a great deal of time interacting with BSF staff, vendors and guests. This individual will have oversight of maintenance employees, maintenance tasks/issues, assigned campus projects, campus logistics, and safety. All the while maintaining and ensuring a professional, inviting, retreat atmosphere for the campus.
ESSENTIAL TO THE POSITION:
Have received Jesus Christ as their own personal Savior; be in full agreement with the BSF Statement of Faith; uphold the mission, vision, cores, values and aims of BSF International; genuine passion for and support of the organization’s strategic initiatives; comply with policies, guidelines and procedures of BSF.
Excellent property maintenance and property management skill, high capacity to make decisions in a fast pace work environment, effective and efficient manager of people and tasks; able to take on leadership whenever required and at the same time be a servant of general staff, field staff, campus guests and those this person manages.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the project manager on delegated tasks and projects, including budgets and subcontractor supervision
- Communicate to staff, keep confidences
- Event support, transportation, meal service, sanitization
- Review delegated Plant expenses, research and purchase/order of needed supplies, approve expenditures
- Lead and serve on safety committees, establish and maintain a culture of safety and create and maintain safety training during daily production meetings.
- Supervise maintenance staff, assess maintenance tasks and assign/delegate projects.
- Create and maintain a monthly and yearly preventative maintenance schedule for all maintenance items and campus equipment and ensure schedules are accomplished.
- Design daily tasks for each maintenance person on the team.
- Assist Plant Manager with all campus projects, project planning and on campus events
- After hours first responder to infrastructure, failures, needs and repairs
- Afterhours emergency responder
Developing Others: The ability to delegate responsibility and to work with others and coach them to develop their capabilities.
Managing Performance: The ability to take responsibility for one's own or one's employees' performance, by setting clear goals and expectations, tracking progress against the goals, ensuring feedback, and addressing performance problems and issues promptly.
Customer Orientation: The ability to demonstrate concern for satisfying one’s external and /or internal customers.
Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area. Specifically, Property Maintenance
Initiative: Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed above. This person must be able to physically and mentally perform all job functions without restriction. The requirements listed below of knowledge, skill, and/or ability are required.
Minimum of 5 years’ property maintenance and property management experience required, knowledge of residential and commercial construction processes is very helpful. Proficient at using construction tools and light/heavy duty equipment, not limited in any way physically in the utilization of all tools and equipment. The ability to drive commercial vehicles without any physical restriction and commercial vehicle licensure is a plus. Proficient at driving in all weather conditions. Working knowledge of Microsoft office (Excel, Word and Outlook); dedicated to efficient economical work efforts, plant logistics, safety, employee management and twenty-four-hour campus support.
- Limited work in office, modular office equipment.
- Work uninhibited in all south Texas weather conditions
- Lift and bend, production/construction type work activities
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Work extended hours as required by the position
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.