Careers at BSF
The Paralegal assists BSF’s Chief Financial Officer in all stages of ministry transactions, the preparation of documents and filings necessary to comply with jurisdictional regulations, and corporate governance in the conducting of ministry activities. The Paralegal will serve to assist the CFO as primary liaison with BSF’s global legal teams and coordinate information needed from key internal and external stakeholders.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist CFO and outside counsel in preparation, amendment and maintenance of all integral corporate documents.
- Assist CFO with all public and private legal documents for various corporate transactions, regulatory compliance, and governance best practices.
- Assist CFO in scheduling, notifying, drafting and posting of global and regional Board & Committee meeting agendas and reports to BoardEffect.
- Attend global and regional Board Finance and Audit Committee meetings to record and generate minutes for distribution and approval by Committee members.
- Assist in drafting of and correspondence regarding audit letters to global and regional auditors.
- Assist in the drafting, reviewing and distribution of internal policies, external media and field talking point communications.
- Respond to governmental agencies and third-party vendors over compliance, regulatory and contractual related communications.
- Participate in BSF’s Data Governance Board to assess legal requirements arising from data collection, use and protection.
- Monitor, summarize and report on more important legal developments impacting religious nonprofit organizations and religious liberties.
- Other such duties as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer related to the management and oversight of legal and governance matters for the ministry.
Technical Expertise: Must possess the ability and demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill of legal and regulatory terms and concepts. Effectively applies this technical knowledge to a range of issues and situations to provide guidance to the CFO.
Written Communication: Must be able to focus on the desired results in legal and regulatory matters. Must have a strong sense of urgency about identifying and solving issues, achieving work goals and meeting work deadlines.
Thoroughness: Ensures that one's own and others' work and information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations; following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled. Sets up procedures to ensure high quality of work. Develops and uses systems to organize and keep track of information or work progress.
Attention to Communication: Must be able to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Keeps the CFO informed about progress on pending matters to avoid surprises.
Personal Credibility: Demonstrates concern that one be perceived as responsible, reliable and trustworthy. Completes what has been committed to. Respects the confidentiality of information and conveys a command of the relevant facts and information on responsibilities.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Legal research and legal writing experience required with at least two years of paralegal experience. Advanced skill with Microsoft Office suite of products. Paralegal degree or related certification program preferred. Knowledge of nonprofits and/or religious ministries preferred. Have received Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. Be in full agreement with Bible Study Fellowship’s Statement of Faith. BSF leadership experience preferred but not required. If qualified, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.