Careers at BSF
Part Time Receptionist
The position of Part Time Receptionist is responsible for managing and maintaining the Front Desk/Reception Area in an organized and professional manner which makes Reception inviting to guests and coworkers, and creates an environment allowing timely response to inquiries and performance of other principal duties and responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL TO THE POSITION:
The Part Time Receptionist must have received Jesus Christ as his/her personal Savior, be in full agreement with the Bible Study Fellowship Statement of Faith and Human Sexuality Policy and prepared to pray with and for callers and visitors as these needs arise. The Part Time Receptionist must possess an understanding of BSF’s ministry, good personal and professional communication skills, be detail oriented and possess an intermediate level of understanding of Microsoft Office and basic telephone skills.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as primary Receptionist when scheduled in coordination with the other Part Time Receptionist.
- Receive and warmly greet guests and vendors and issue visitor badges & parking tags to those driving to other parts of the campus.
- Maintain visitor and staff sign-in log books and materials table in living room.
- Director visitors and vendors to appropriate staff members.
- Receive and disburse all telephone calls, both internal and external taking messages as necessary.
- Collaborate with other Divisions on recurring issues identified over the phone by keep a log tracking the number of repetitive inquiries by issue.
- Schedule tours and give directions to campus.
- Respond to all class inquiries from telephone calls and website.
- Sort and distribute mail to mail slots. Notify staff members of packages.
- Maintain lobby/reception area, provide visitor supplies and rotate magazines.
- Sell lunch tickets and direct staff to self-serve of stamps.
- Order stamps by purchase order to AP/Receipts Manager.
- Receive employee payments and forward to AP/Receipts Manager.
- Prepare Manna and postage funds for deposit and give to AP/Receipts Manager.
- Inventory and maintain office supplies with purchase orders to Purchasing Agent.
- Assist employees with finding and ordering supplies.
- Maintain supplies closet by front desk.
- Laminate materials as needed by coworkers.
- Enter donations into Raiser's Edge, edit, print and mail receipts.
- Assist in preparation and mailing of Annual Giving Summaries.
- Print honorarium/memorial cards for Memorial Fund batches and Online Giving Memorial/Honorariums with envelopes, proofread and mail.
- Update Translation/Multilingual Fund Donor Database monthly.
- Assist in secretarial and financial duties as requested and approved by the CFO.
- Verbal and written communication
- Attention to communication
- Interpersonal awareness
- Constituent service oriented
- Organized and thorough
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Ability to satisfactorily communicate, warmly greet (verbal and written) in English and respond with grace and truth to guests, callers and co-workers.
A good understanding of BSF’s ministry and how BSF classes operate including the terminology commonly associated with BSF ministry operations.
Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office for use of Outlook, Excel and Word.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, but can also stand at times, use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone, and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The work is subject to long periods of sitting inside an office with limited windows. The work environment is moderately noisy from telephones, arriving guests, conversations of passers-by and related audible interruptions.
This position is located in San Antonio, Texas. If interested, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org