School Program Design Specialist
Reports to: Director, Children’s Division
This position develops program expertise around the BSF School Program to support, integrate, and strengthen ministry to children and students in BSF classes, SDGs, online SP, and future ministry offerings. This position reports to the Children’s Division Director with a primary focus on the School Program Redesign Strategic Initiative and other projects as requested.
Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, teamwork, and communication skills are necessary to represent the interests of the Children’s Division in reaching and retaining the next generation.
ESSENTIAL TO THE POSITION
Has received Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior and is in full agreement with Bible Study Fellowship’s Statement of Faith. Passion and vision to reach the next generation; mindful of details, but oriented toward the big picture; realistic assessment paired with ability to propose solutions; superb time management; flexibility and good humor; able to juggle multiple, simultaneous projects; clear, frank and kind in verbal and written communication.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide experience, expertise, and vision to assist the Children’s Division Director as requested in research, planning, and implementation of strategic development of enhanced BSF programs for children and students
- Cooperate to develop training resources needed in development and launch of field training
- Support various change management activities, representing the interests of the Children’s Division with forward thinking and understanding of key issues
- Research, design, prototyping, and implementation of new experiences and models
- Intellectual:Experience in Human-centered Design, Competent in digital work environment, Problem Solving, Project Management
- Interpersonal: Staff Communication, Written and Oral Communication, Teamwork
- Leadership: Change Management, Quality Management, Delegation
- Organization: Prioritization, Cost Consciousness, Support, Strategic Thinking, Implementation skills
- Self-Management: Self-starter, Curious, Trustworthy, Servant leader, Discerning
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duties listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Passion to reach the next generation most impactfully within the BSF context. Love for and experience with children and ability to lead adults. Working/growing knowledge of the children’s program, both big picture and details.
At least 2 years of experience in any BSF leadership role with grasp of BSF philosophy is preferred. 1-3 years as a Children’s Leader or willingness to be a Children’s Leader preferred.
Good relational skills and strong ability to empathize with others. Demonstrated analytical expertise, creative confidence, courage to test new things outside of the traditional model, and ability to pivot based on learnings. Proven commitment to teamwork and adaptability in a season of change.
Experience in writing and editing skills. A writing sample will be required. Ability to communicate well (verbal and written in English). Administrative skills: Detail-oriented, highly organized, ability to meet deadlines, advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite & web-based collaboration tools.
Employees must fulfill the performance standards of this position and comply with policies, guidelines and procedures of BSF, including those set out in the Employee Handbook or otherwise communicated (verbally or in writing) to employees.
BSF offers a comprehensive medical, dental and life insurance plans and 4 weeks’ vacation.
Remote work may be considered. If interested, please send a resume to email@example.com.