Careers at BSF
Bible Study Fellowship is seeking a highly skilled, experienced webmaster to join our growing in-house technology team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing our company’s web presence, ensuring that our sites are always user-friendly and up to date .
The webmaster will also work with our technology team to expand our presence through the design and implementation of new web-based applications that will positively impact our customers’ experience. You should be highly knowledgeable in server management and online security, content management and have solid coding skills.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field; master’s degree is a plus
· Evidence of continuing education, such as certifications, is a plus
· 5+ year’s experience in the technology field
· Leadership and/or management experience is a plus
· Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
· Able to manage multiple websites
· Capable of utilizing web content management systems e.g. WordPress, Sitefinity, Craft, Drupal, etc.
· Excellent communicator to technical and non-technical personnel, especially regarding abstract concepts
· Meet with management regularly to discuss current and future functionality
· Manage and monitor security, security patches and perform all necessary updates
· Monitor and report all web traffic
· Make all necessary updates to the company sites, minimizing downtime
· Update content and configuration to reflect current SEO trends
· Repair any broken links and fix any reported bugs
· Maintain virtual and cloud based servers, optimizing performance and user experience
· Contribute to discussions on ways to improve functionality and usability
· Collaborate with ministry and technology teams to meet needs and improve efficiency
· Manage backup servers and failover
· Gather and analyze requirements
· Reports to the IT Delivery Manager.
Fostering Teamwork: As a team member, the ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team.
Managing Performance: The ability to take responsibility for one's own performance by setting clear goals and expectations, tracking progress against the goals, ensuring feedback, and addressing performance problems and issues promptly.
Attention to Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed.
Oral Communication: The ability to express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others.
Written Communication: The ability to express oneself clearly in business writing.
Customer Orientation: The ability to demonstrate concern for satisfying one's external and/or internal customers.
Analytical Thinking: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
Conceptual Thinking: The ability to find effective solutions by taking a holistic, abstract, or theoretical perspective.
Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area.
Initiative: Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
Results Orientation: The ability to focus on the desired result of one's own or one's unit's work, setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
Personal Credibility: Demonstrated concern that one be perceived as responsible, reliable, and trustworthy.
This position is fulltime and qualifies for a robust benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance and a 401k plan as well as generous time off policies. It is located in San Antonio. If interested, please forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org