Children’s Divison Specialist
Reports to: Director, Children’s Division
This position develops program expertise around the BSF Children’s Programs to support, integrate and strengthen ministry to children and students in BSF classes, SDGs, online SP, and future ministry offerings. This individual supports and coordinates logistics, processes and projects to include events, materials, training, and field support concerning the Children’s Program. This position reports to the Children’s Division Director, with a focus on day to day operations of existing programs and future development as requested and specializes in the growth and oversight of CP in Asia. This position collaborates with many other divisions including Curriculum, Field Development, IT, Communication, and Regional Directors in support and maintenance of the Children’s Program.
Excellent problem solving, critical-thinking, teamwork and communication skills are necessary to represent the interests of the children’s division in daily work and field support.
ESSENTIAL TO THE POSITION
Has received Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior and is in full agreement with Bible Study Fellowship’s Statement of Faith. Passion and vision to reach the next generation; mindful of details but oriented toward the big picture; realistic assessment paired with ability to propose solutions; superb time management; flexibility and good humor; able to juggle multiple, simultaneous projects; clear, frank and kind in verbal and written communication. Biliterate and fluent in English and Chinese is preferred.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide experience and expertise to support the Children’s Division Director and Field Development in effective management of existing BSF Children’s Programs
- Provide experience, expertise, and vision to assist the Children’s Division Director as requested in research, planning, and implementation of strategic development of enhanced BSF programs for children and students
- Cooperate to develop training resources needed in development and launch of field training
- Support various change management activities, representing the interests of the Children’s Division with forward thinking and understanding of key issues
- Uphold Criminal Background processes, incorporating regional variables and legal priorities to protect BSF and its leaders and volunteers (oversight may be delegated to another)
- Intellectual:Analytical, Technical Skills, Problem Solving
- Interpersonal: Staff Communication, Written and Oral Communication, Teamwork
- Leadership: Change Management, Quality Management, Delegation
- Organization: Prioritization, Cost Consciousness, Support, Strategic Thinking, Implementation skills
- Self-Management: Self-starter, Curious, Trustworthy, Servant leader, Discerning
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duties listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Passion to reach the next generation most impactfully within the BSF context. Love for and experience with educating children and ability to lead adults. At least 2 years of experience in BSF leadership with grasp of BSF philosophy. Working/growing knowledge of the children’s program, both big picture and details.
Effectiveness as a trainer 1-2 years previous training experience. F Demonstrated writing and editing skills: Ability to communicate well (English and Chinese)
Flexibility in a season of change. Good relational skills. Commitment to teamwork and adaptability. Administrative skills: Detail-oriented, highly organized, ability to meet deadlines, Intermediate level proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite & web-based tools for remote collaboration. Analytical ability.
Employees must fulfill the performance standards of this position and comply with policies, guidelines and procedures of BSF, including those set out in the Employee Handbook or otherwise communicated (verbally or in writing) to employees.
BSF offers a comprehensive medical, dental and life insurance plans and 4 weeks’ vacation.
Remote work may be considered. If interested, please send a resume to email@example.com.