Frequently Asked Questions
Our most common questions are located below. If you can't find an answer, please submit a support request using the support form on this page.
Where can I read the ebook?
- On your ebook reader device: Kindle, iPad, Nook, Kobo, and others.
- On your phone: most recent mobile phones have apps to read ebooks, for example, Kindle reader or iBooks.
- On your laptop/desktop: You can read the PDF from your computer, or programs such as Calibre (free at https://calibre-ebook.com/) allow reading of ebooks on your laptop.
General File Information
- There are two file types: one for Kindle, called a .MOBI and one for other devices, called an .EPUB
- We have created two versions of .MOBI, in order to have the best user experience on either a Kindle App or a Kindle Device.
- You have access to download all types of files.
- You can download the files for your eBook more than once. So, for example, if you need to download separately for your ebook reader and your mobile phone, you can do that.
Instructions for Kindle Device
- We currently are not providing a ebook for Kindle device.
- Please follow instructions below for downloading ebook through a Kindle App on another device.
Instructions for Nook
- Select the Download Epub/Other option.
- Select Save as and select a location to save your eBook file (called .EPUB) to a folder on your computer.
- Connect your Nook to your computer via USB cable.
- You will be able to see your Nook device as a disk drive.
- PC: located in My Computer
- MAC: located in Finder. On a MAC, it will also appear as an icon on the desktop.
- Click on the Nook disc and navigate to the My Nook > My files > Books folder on your Nook device
- Drag your ebook file (.EPUB) from where you saved it on your computer and drop in the Books folder on your Nook ebook reader.
- Safely eject the device
Instructions for iPad
- The simplest option is to download directly on your iPad.
- Select the Download epub/Other option.
- Select Open in iBooks from the pop-up window
- The eBook will be added to your iBooks library
Instructions for iPhone (using an eReader app)
- The simplest option is to download directly on your mobile phone. Make sure you have an eReader app installed such as Kindle Reader or iBooks.
- If you select the Download Mobi/Kindle option, click Open in Kindle from the pop-up window.
- If you select the Download Epub/Other file option, click Open in iBooks from the pop-up window.
- Your eBook will be added to the library in the app.
Instructions for Android Phones (using an eReader app)
- The simplest option is to download directly on your mobile phone. Make sure you have an eReader app installed such as Kindle Reader or Google Play Books.
- If you select the Download Mobi/Kindle option, the ebook file (.MOBI) is saved in the Download folder.
- Open your file manager. On some devices it’s called file explorer. Locate your ebook file (.MOBI) .
- Copy your eBook file (.MOBI) and paste it into your Kindle folder: Internal Storage > Kindle.
- Open the Kindle App, in the menu select Sync .
- The uploaded ebook will appear in the library.
- *If you do not have a file manager installed, you can download a file manager app from the App Store.
- If you select the Download epub/Other file option, the ebook file (.EPUB) is saved in the Download folder.
- Go to your Download folder and select the ebook file (.EPUB). It will open in Google Play Reader.
- When the reader opens, it will begin to upload and process the book.
- When the process is complete, the ebook cover will appear and can be read in the app.
Please note that if you are having trouble with your device, the best and quickest course is to check the manufacturer’s support pages on the Web. (We are not experts in the operation of Kindles, iPads, etc.) Below are links to the most popular device manufacturer pages for your convenience:
iPad/iBooks Note: To transfer an ebook from your laptop to your iPad, you must have iCloud sync enabled. Once iCloud sync is enabled, connect with a USB cable and the device will sync automatically. For issues with your iPad: https://support.apple.com/ipad For issues with iBooks: http://apple.co/2zVFbMr
Local Class Help
For support concerning your local class, contact your class administrator. If you do not have their contact info, you can find your class and use the contact button on the class page.
For urgent matters, you can always call us at (210) 492-4676.