The System Administrator performs duties to produce quality deliverables associated with IT Systems Administration. Specifically, this position is responsible for evaluating, planning, and configuring, implementing, controlling, monitoring, maintaining, and troubleshooting secure computer environments.
ESSENTIAL TO THE POSITION:
- Administer network servers, applications, storage, back-up, and other data protection technologies
- Providing technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems, or questions about software, hardware, systems and infrastructure
- Performing the planning, coordination and execution of software and hardware installation, configuration, maintenance and upgrades
- Writing and maintaining systems, infrastructure, procedural and process documentation
- Monitoring performance and applying corrective action to ensure optimal performance
- Managing work to meet milestones in accordance with the project plan and keeping management and project managers informed of issues and status
- Participating on special project teams for development or corporate initiatives as such projects arise
- Manage projects to smoothly integrate new systems
- Provide support for critical business needs outside of normal business hours via phone notification and/or other communications
- Be part of an emergency only after hours call rotation
PRINCIPAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Monitoring of production environments, monitoring and problem resolution of IT systems. Daily activities include account management, installation and maintenance of operating systems and application patches, as well as deployment of software and infrastructure upgrades
Optimizes system operations and resource utilization, and performs system capacity analysis and planning along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
Supports the design of systems, mission architecture and associated hardware
Maintains existing and build new servers, clusters, and networks for development and production
Performs planned and unplanned maintenance procedures, including software upgrades and patches
Analyzes and resolves complex problems associated with server hardware, applications and software integration
Maintains up-to-date documentation of system configuration and operating procedures
Provides Tier II desktop support for Windows/macOS users
Responsible for ensuring timely onboarding of new hires with needed access and work device support
Responsible for maintaining rapport with our customers and resolving issues within a timely manner or maintaining communication with customers until an issue is resolved
Assists with system deployment duties including system builds, packaging and shipping, physical/network installation, command-line configurations
Ensures IT policies and guidelines are understood and followed across the organization
- Planning and Coordination
- Organizational Skill
- Excellent Verbal/Written Communication Skills
- Customer Service Skill
- Trouble Shooting/Analytical Skills
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- BS degree in Information Technology or related field or an equivalent combination of education or experience.
- Five or more (5+) years working in the Information Technology field, including responsibilities for supporting Windows servers and network infrastructure in a corporate environment.
- Experience with leading technical teams in the accomplishment of simple and highly complex tasks.
- Ability to create technical documentation and system diagrams.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting switches, routers, firewalls, Virtual Private Networks (VPN) and Voice over IP (VoIP) services.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and Mobile Device Management tools.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Windows, macOS, Microsoft 365, Azure, and SharePoint.
- Understanding of information security fundamentals.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Understands how various software programs are configured as well as an understanding of web hosting control panels.
This position is located in San Antonio, Texas. A relocation package is included. BSF offers major medical, dental and life insurance and 4 weeks vacation.
If interested, please send a resume to email@example.com.